- Since joining The Cadence Group in 2010, Paul has worked on various privacy, internal audit projects and IT compliance projects. In addition, Paul spearheads the privacy advisory service line. His specific expertise is in the areas of designing and assessing data privacy, information security and automated business process controls.
- Paul also worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers for nine years, primarily in their System and Process Assurance practice. Paul worked in the Salt Lake City (UT) and Denver (CO) offices, where his primary skills were related to the development and assessment of both IT and business process controls. While with PricewaterhouseCoopers, he managed IT component of the Sarbanes-Oxley attestation for nine accelerated filers and prepared four client’s annual SAS 70 reports. Paul also managed internal audit outsourcing engagements, agreed-upon procedures attestations, and security risk assessments.
- Paul also has software development and quality assurance experience at Symantec and Perot Systems.
- Paul is a Certified HIPAA Privacy & Security Expert, Certified Internal Auditor and Certified Information Systems Auditor and member of the IIA and ISACA. Paul was previously a Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- Served as the privacy technical advisor for a large multi-national organization assisting them with PCI and other privacy intiatives.
- Managed the security risk assessment of process automation equipment to identify security vulnerabilities. This task included the coordination of resources to visit 20 mine sites, inventory equipment, evaluate infrastructure design, and evaluate existing IT policies and procedures.
- Managed the quality assurance function for new software development of a product for a global user base of 20,000 users. This responsibility required coordinating with a team of approximately 60 members consisting of business owners and test teams in Germany, Australia, and the United States, using elements of the Agile development process.
- Managed the IT component of co-sourced internal audit relationships that included reviews over data management, information security, user management, change management, operating system reviews and application security reviews for three financial services clients.
- Bachelors of Science in Business Information Systems from Brigham Young University