- Since co-founding The Cadence Group, Gordy has worked with several large companies across a range of enterprise and IT risk management functions. He serves as the outsourced Internal Audit Director for four medium to large sized clients. From a technical perspective, Gordy has also managed various internal audits, information security reviews, Sarbanes Oxley projects and SOC reporting (previously SAS70) projects. His specific expertise is in the areas of designing and assessing IT and automated business process controls.
- Gordy also worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers for nearly seven years, primarily in their System and Process Assurance practice. Gordy worked in the Salt Lake City (UT), San Jose (CA) and Wellington (New Zealand) offices, where his primary skills were related to the development and assessment of both IT and business process controls. While with PricewaterhouseCoopers, he was involved in the Sarbanes-Oxley attestation for three accelerated filers.
- Gordy also worked on several projects to assist with the documentation and testing of IT and business processes. During these reviews, he was able to develop, review and assess the company’s application of COSO and COBIT, process flowcharts, narratives and other control documentation. In addition to performing the controls work, he also managed internal audit outsourcing engagements.
- Gordy is a certified public accountant (CPA), Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and ERM-57 certified. He is also a member of the AICPA, UACPA and ISACA.
- Functions as the outsourced Internal Audit Director for four companies with revenues ranging from $250 million to $1 billion.
- Performed several enterprise-wide risk assessments to assist management in understanding their risk areas and to determine risk mitigation strategies.
- Solely managed several projects to assess a company’s overall readiness of Sarbanes-Oxley. This task included the coordination of resources to document and assess a companies IT and business processes as well as other overall control environment.
- Served as a technical advisor for several large companies related to the documentation of IT and business processes and controls pertaining related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Performed the quality assurance review for several SAS70, SOC, ROC and PCI gap analysis reports.
- Managed the IT component of three internal audit outsourcing relationships that included reviews over information security management, problem management, user management, business continuity, software implementations, change management, operating system reviews and application security reviews.
- Master's Degree in Accounting (MAcc) from Brigham Young University